Monday, March 23, 2009

Letter from Ruger (Jesse's dog typed by my mom) to Jesse

March 21st, 2009

Hi Pal,

I over heard Grandma reading your letter out loud and she says Elder Jesse Johnson. I'm a little concerned, did you catch a rapid aging disease in the Philippines? You aren't going to come back old and out of energy like Grandma and Grandpa, are you? I was about 3 1/2 years old when you left and you'll be gone for 2 years, which in dog years that's 14 years. So I figure I'll be 17 1/2 years old when you get back, I'm counting on us having a lot of fun. I hope you're feeling better, I know how it feels. About four days after I got to the cabin for the first time, Grandma & Grandpa feed me some Pig Ears. I slept in the Laundry room with the door shut so I wouldn't be tempted to get into things during the night. Well that night my stomach was churning and by the time Grandpa came to let me out I was ready to explode. He opened the door and I bee lined right passed him as he slowly walked to the arcadia door and opened it I was running so fast that I couldn't stop. I ended up in the loft and I thought a bomb went off. It was more like a stink bomb! Now Grandma and Grandpa ask each other if I've gotten my treat for the day so I won't get sick. You should of seen the look on Grandpa's face and that's the first time he called me a dumb S.O.B. It only took once for me to realize I don't want to push Grandpa into that "Red Zone". That was several weeks ago and It wasn't long till I was back on Grandpa's good side. It takes a lot more to get on Grandma's bad side! You said that you thought you were allergic to the rice, you should try fresh cut Cow Horns, I'm sure they have them there. Grandpa's doing Round-up all week and the day they had Mountain Oysters I didn't get to go, rats I heard they are great fresh. The next day Grandma went to the Ranch to help and took me. That's when I found my food weakness, Once you gnaw on one horn you can't stop. Grandpa's friend Ben DeHaan stayed at our Cabin all week helping Grandpa with Round-up. Ben's been really likes me. The day I went to the Ranch to help, Ben didn't have a very good day. He got his nose smashed by a Heifer's head that was in the shoot, his hand got smashed and a horned Heifer tried to gore him. Grandpa asked Ben what in the heck happened and Ben said he couldn't get out of the way enough against the fence because his big belly was in the way. Grandpa's not very sympathetic when Ben gets hurt, he's always laughing at him. You should of seen Ben's shirt it was almost as bloody as by chest when I got in that fight. Ben just says Ha-Ha then later has something smart to say back to Grandpa. They bicker back and forth like to old Hens, then at night laugh about the day. Ooh, I'm back to normal after that dog fight. I've been working on this Macho image around Springerville and I think it's working. I haven't seen any dogs coming into the yard. It didn't take very long, these dogs up here are quite the push over's. I think their more Bark than anything. I'll write next week and let you know what mischief I got in to

Licks and Tail Wags
Your Pal
Ruger

No comments:

Post a Comment